From: Ben <gentoo-ppc-dev-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Cc: DaRonin <daronin@××××.COM>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] portage and binary packages
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 23:25:56
1 On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 06:50:20PM -0400, DaRonin wrote:
2
3 > it would seem that $PKGDIR can only point to localFS. NFS is not an option
4 > since not all of my boxes are located in a single location, and my
5 > firewalls don't handle RPC that well.
6
7 Not a perfect soloution, but samba listening on localhost, then, over ssh
8 tunnels use mounting it?
9
10 i have in my ~/.ssh/config
11
12 host remote.example.com
13 LocalForward 1139 127.0.0.1:139
14
15 then have this in my /etc/fstab
16
17 //host/share /mnt/remote_share smbfs ip=127.0.0.1,port=1139,username=ben,uid=ben,noauto,nosuid,nodev,users,exec
20 so i just (as me) do "ssh remote.example.com" in one terminal, then
21 "mount /mnt/remote_share" in another, et volia!
22
23 Not perfect, but works nicely.
24
25 Failing that, ppp over ssh (with ssh keys) is
26 quick and dirty way to build VPN-like things without worrying about allowing
27 esp/ah/ike through a firewall.
30 Ben. <ben @ mumble . org . uk>
33 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list