From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] my list of ~ppc-ebuilds that work on my system
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:37:27
1 Hi Stephan,
2
3 * Stephan van Maris <svmaris@×××××××××.nl> [03/03/25 11:07 +0100]:
4 >Shouldn't the current x86 keyword be taken into consideration? I mean, can a
5 >ppc ebuild be 'stable' when it's still unstable on x86 (apart from the stuff
6 >wich is -x86 of course, like xeasyconf and pmud)?
7
8 Yes it could.
9
10 There are a lot of ebuilds, which are marked x86 but ~ppc,
11 and some that are ~x86 but ppc (e.g. XFree-4.3.0 as the
12 most important one). If you go through the ebuilds you will
13 also find some, that are marked stable on other
14 architectures (like sparc) but not for x86.
15
16 Latest is to say, that there are also some ebuilds where
17 other people decide, when it should be stable (like the
18 baselayout or portage).
19
20 Regards, Lars
23 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list