From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: Ethan <lists@×××××××××.org>
Cc: gentooppc-dev@g.o, azarah@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] gcc atexit() issue
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 06:43:40
1 On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 08:56, Ethan wrote:
2 > Sorry if this has been posted before.
3 > I've found that the gcc-2.95.3 used in the latest PPC build has the
4 > atexit() problem with static executables (for example, when you build
5 > fileutils-4.1 with LDFLAGS=-static all execuatbles dump a core).
6 > If I remember correctly, patches here are required:
7 >
8 > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2001-03/msg00140.html
9 >
10 > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-03/msg01187.html
11
12 Is this a new issue that you've experienced after upgrading? Or has
13 this always been the case?
14
15 Please give me more information on the specific problems you have and
16 have not experienced. For example, I'm assuming you're having problems
17 with gcc-2.95.3-r7? Did you have problems with any earlier revision of
18 our gcc ebuilds?
19
20 Best Regards,
23 Daniel Robbins