From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
To: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] dvipdfm dependencies
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:32:09
1 Hi.
2
3 At 17:13 +0200 on 2004-6-10 Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
4 >
5 > A lot cleaner than this is:
6 >
7 > emerge -e world
8
9 Agreed, thanks for the suggestion. The only problem I have with it is
10 that the output is not terribly informative (all the packages that are
11 to be upgraded are marked as newly installed), and there are some
12 quirks like java-docs that would be re-installed this way.
13
14 > If you emerge for instance gcc-3.4 and then do emerge -e world, it will
15 > rebuild all your apps against gcc-3.4. (If you put NPTL in your use
16 > flags , you get an nptl enabled system (works only with kernel-2.6*)
17
18 Agreed again. I am using kernel 2.6.6 so I am tempted to do it; on
19 the other hand I am looking at days of building on a production
20 machine so this is not quite a thing I would enjoy... So my
21 questionis, is NTPL stable enough by now on the PPC, and is in your
22 opinion worth it?
23
24 Thanks,
25 Stefan
28 If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
29 it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
30 --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
33 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list