From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] PS3 and crossdev
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:36:19
1 Been beating my head against a wall for a day or so now. I'm trying to
2 get ppu/spu crosscompilers on my boxes so that I can use distcc on the
3 PS3...
4
5 I pulled the toolchains overlay with layman, and I've tried 4 different
6 versions of gcc-4.3.0, all of which fail to emerge. I know some folks
7 have it running, which (exact) version did you use?
8
9 This site [1] shows he used gcc-4.3.0-alpha20061111 on the PS3
10 (powerpc64-). That ebuild is no longer available in the toolchains
11 overlay. I've got distcc working for an old sparc box, I'd really like
12 to use it with the PS3.
13
14 Any ideas or pointers would be a huge help.
15
16 thx,
17
18 Jason.