From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] PS3 and crossdev
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:36:19
Been beating my head against a wall for a day or so now.  I'm trying to
get ppu/spu crosscompilers on my boxes so that I can use distcc on the

I pulled the toolchains overlay with layman, and I've tried 4 different
versions of gcc-4.3.0, all of which fail to emerge.  I know some folks
have it running, which (exact) version did you use?

This site [1] shows he used gcc-4.3.0-alpha20061111 on the PS3
(powerpc64-).  That ebuild is no longer available in the toolchains
overlay.  I've got distcc working for an old sparc box, I'd really like
to use it with the PS3.

Any ideas or pointers would be a huge help.