From: Dean Takemori <deant@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Gentoo on OldWorld
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:13:41
Following up on my thread from earlier this year.

I have a 2.4.24 that boots an OldWorld (Wallstreet) powerbook and seems
to work
just fine as I've started to bootstrap up towards KDE.

I've taken that kernel and I've tried to build a working ISO for
installing gentoo 1.4
on OldWorld Macs that don't have IDE.  The problem I've run into is
that building
the ISO fails due to the script (from
trying to build a 2.6.x kernel.

How do I convince the scripts to use the 2.4.24 kernel instead?

I'm fairly versed in Linux/PPC, but am a Gentoo newbie.

-dean takemori