From: Jeff Rush <jeff@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Is PPC support being dropped for Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 23:27:15
1 Joseph Jezak wrote:
2 > Jeff Rush wrote:
3 >> I've just --synced on my PPC box (Kurobox HG) and now there is no PPC
4 >> profile directory:
5 >>
6 >> /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/ppc/
7 >>
8 >> but the profiles for the other various CPU types are present. Did PPC
9 >> get dropped or become something optional that I need to enable somehow?
10 >>
11 >> I've googled and searched the PPC FAQ and forums but no mention of the
12 >> removal of that directory tree.
13 >>
14 >> Sorry if this is a well-known issue.
15 >>
16 >> -Jef
17 >
18 > It's not an issue and support isn't being dropped. Those profiles were
19 > old and deprecated. Use the tool "eselect profile --list" to display the
20 > profiles that are compatible with your machine. As far as I know, the
21 > current "latest" profile is default/linux/powerpc/ppc32/2008.0 for ppc32.
22
23 Thanks Joe for this clarification. It sets my mind at ease and now I'll
24 see if this standard profile supports the Kurobox HG or needs the hacks
25 I used on this website before:
26
27 http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/User:RussK/Create_2007_kurobox_Gentoo
28