From: Mark Guertin <mguertin@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] problem with emerge system (lsof) in new portage
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 23:10:04
1 Hi David
2
3 Thanks, I ended up removing the linux-sources from the deps in that ebuild
4 (in the words of kainz lsof does _not_ depend on linux-sources).
5
6 The other thing that I was wondering is how things like linux-sources are
7 going to affect us ppc users (in the new layout isn't it
8 sys-kernel/ppc-sources ?)
9
10 Other than that minor issue and the fact that sys-kernel/ppc-sources didnt
11 have a digest the clean build is going smooth (doing kernel as we speak).
12
13 Mark
14
15 ----- Original Message -----
16 From: "David Chamberlain" <daybird@g.o>
17 To: <gentooppc-dev@g.o>
18 Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 10:44 PM
19 Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] problem with emerge system (lsof) in new
20 portage
23 > I guess this needs a fix if we're to follow the standard gentoo install
24 > procedure. Meanwhile you can get around this (I think) by emerging
25 > sys-kernel/ppc-sources first, before your system. This will take a
26 > while, since it will pull in perl as a dependency. Or you could edit
27 > /usr/portage/profile/default-ppc/packages and remove the * in front of
28 > sys-apps/lsof. After you have your system (minus lsof) and ppc-sources,
29 > put it back in and emerge lsof.
30 >
31 > **Note to Pieter & Kain: a quick grep of portage reveals no packages
32 > depending on lsof - can we just remove it from our base system? Is this
33 > a problem with the install iso or with portage?
34 >
35 > David
38 > Mark Guertin wrote:
39 >
40 > > Hi All
41 > >
42 > > Building abrand new system today, just finished rsyncing the new
43 > > portage from cvs.gentoo.org, and it seems that when I emerge system
44 > > that sys-apps/losf-4.60-r1 is complaining about
45 > > virtual/linux-sources. I will investigate further.
46 > >
47 > > Mark
52 > gentooppc-dev mailing list
53 > gentooppc-dev@g.o