From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Is PPC support being dropped for Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 02:21:06
1 Jeff Rush wrote:
2 > I've just --synced on my PPC box (Kurobox HG) and now there is no PPC
3 > profile directory:
4 >
5 > /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/ppc/
6 >
7 > but the profiles for the other various CPU types are present. Did PPC
8 > get dropped or become something optional that I need to enable somehow?
9 >
10 > I've googled and searched the PPC FAQ and forums but no mention of the
11 > removal of that directory tree.
12 >
13 > Sorry if this is a well-known issue.
14 >
15 > -Jef
16
17 It's not an issue and support isn't being dropped. Those profiles were
18 old and deprecated. Use the tool "eselect profile --list" to display the
19 profiles that are compatible with your machine. As far as I know, the
20 current "latest" profile is default/linux/powerpc/ppc32/2008.0 for ppc32.
21
22 Hope that helps,
23 -Joe