From: Kevin <lists@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException: Bug 86371
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 23:39:46
1 Hi PPC Devs-
2
3 Can anyone here comment on this problem?
4
5 I've been trying for nearly two months now to get java and ant and
6 related software to build in ppc/linux, and I keep seeing this same
7 problem. I've filed two bug reports (86371 and 91815) over the past two
8 months about it now and with new information I've just turned up today,
9 could probably file a third related to commons-beanutils. Another user
10 is also seeing 91815, but I seem to be the only one affected by 86371.
11
12 Is the configuration on my box broken? Is this a bug? I seem to be the
13 only one suffering from 86371 but my configuration may be somewhat
14 unusual too in that I'm using utf8 wherever possible
15 (my /etc/locales.build is below). Googling for the
16 sun.io.MalformedInputException turns up many references to utf8.
17
18 aphrodite root # cat /etc/locales.build
19
20 en_US/ISO-8859-1
21 en_US.UTF-8/UTF-8
22 ja_JP.EUC-JP/EUC-JP
23 ja_JP.UTF-8/UTF-8
24 ja_JP/EUC-JP
25 en_HK/ISO-8859-1
26 en_PH/ISO-8859-1
27 de_DE/ISO-8859-1
28 de_DE@euro/ISO-8859-15
29 es_MX/ISO-8859-1
30 fa_IR/UTF-8
31 fr_FR/ISO-8859-1
32 fr_FR@euro/ISO-8859-15
33 it_IT/ISO-8859-1
36 I could really use some expert help on this. It's affecting OOo,
37 ant-tasks, commons-beanutils, and several others in that I cannot merge
38 these packages because of this problem.
39
40 TIA.
41
42 -Kevin