From: David Chamberlain <bike@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] X scrollwheel (the real fix)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:29:13
Hi All,

a quick note from a long way from home, and forced use of MS for email:
as it's been explained to me, revisions of big packages (like xfree) are made
when a number of fixes and updates can be rolled up together.  Martin
Schlemmer's been working on several fixes and changes to the xfree ebuild, so
our scrollwheel fix will appear when the rest is ready for release.  It's not
exactly the most convenient thing for us, since this is an important fix for
ppc users, but it's also not simply that we're being ignored.  And since I
don't have access to a gentoo box, it may already be out for all I know :-)
Anyway, thanks for all the hard work Mark!