From: David Chamberlain <bike@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] X scrollwheel (the real fix)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:29:13
1 Hi All,
2
3 a quick note from a long way from home, and forced use of MS for email:
4 as it's been explained to me, revisions of big packages (like xfree) are made
5 when a number of fixes and updates can be rolled up together. Martin
6 Schlemmer's been working on several fixes and changes to the xfree ebuild, so
7 our scrollwheel fix will appear when the rest is ready for release. It's not
8 exactly the most convenient thing for us, since this is an important fix for
9 ppc users, but it's also not simply that we're being ignored. And since I
10 don't have access to a gentoo box, it may already be out for all I know :-)
11 Anyway, thanks for all the hard work Mark!
12
13 David
14
15 ---------- Original Message -------------
16 Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] X scrollwheel (the real fix)
17 Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 17:44:28 -0400
18 From: Mark Guertin <mguertin@×××××××××××××.com>
19 To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
22 Hey kainz
23
24 I'll post future patches here I guess for now ;)
25
26 The patch makes it so that the default options are _not_ redefined on
27 ppc (they are currently redefined in the r9 build which was the
28 problem). The current build blindly overrides them with -ansi.
29
30 Martin Schlemmer (azarah@g.o) has a copy of the patch and the
31 working ebuild as well, and I think he's the xfree maintainer so it
32 should be all good, but you maye want to double check with him as well.
33
34 Mark
35