From: Mark Guertin <mguertin@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] qt-3.0.4-r1and ppc slowdowns
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 00:47:21
1 Is it just me or have any others noticed big slowdowns with qt apps (most
2 especially any that use anti aliasing like konq) with qt-3.0.4-r1 build? I
3 reverted back to the qt-3.0.3.1.ebuild and things are back to normal speed
4 wise. i would reccomend anyone having problems with this try this out, it
5 worked very well for me.
6
7 I've been learning the ebuild evnironment lately, but I've noticed one thing.
8 it doesn't seem like there is a way to carry a seperate pkg mask across
9 different arch's .. at this point things are not so bad, but I know there
10 will come times when this could be very important, as quite often new
11 releases aren't always very fit for ppc, whereas they are essential updates
12 on x86 boxen. This has been one of the biggest boons with ppc Linux since
13 day one :(
14
15 Maybe this option is available and I'm just missing it? Or if not hopefully
16 this has been taken into consideration for the future (or will be) :)
17
18 Mark