From: David <david@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] xfree scroll-up: fixed
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:12:07
1 I added an ARCH switch so that on ppc it compiles in a relatively
2 standard way (but with the gentoo patches). If you look at the ebuild
3 you'll see that the original messes with the host.def file in a rather
4 hackish way, and the settings put in there obviously weren't agreeing
5 with us. I tried substituting various ppc-specific options in the file,
6 but nothing seemed to work; so I just let the autodetection do its stuff.
7
8 I'm not sure if it will pick up all our make optimisations this way, but
9 I don't see any noticeable performance difference here, and it's nice to
10 be scrolling up again ;-) If anyone knows how to make the host.def file
11 work on ppc, I'd be interested to hear.
12
13 David
14
15 Olivier Reisch wrote: