From: David <david@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] PNG and KDE3 konq
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:27:01
1 Did either of you emerge the old libpng before the new one? Pretty much
2 any gui-related apps or libs that were compiled against the old one will
3 fail with the new one, and even if KDE was compiled against the new one,
4 it may use libs that were compiled against the old one. Look in
5 /usr/portage/media-libs/libpng/files for scripts to tell you what needs
6 updating. And take a look at the archives of gentoo-user and gentoo-dev
7 for the last week - it's been the number one issue!
8
9 David
10
11 p.s. I recommend subscribing to those lists.
12
13 Derek Morr wrote:
14
15 > Olivier Reisch wrote:
16 >
17 >> I just noticed that Konqueror doesn't render PNGs correctly. They all
18 >> look
19 >> like inverted and then rendered transparent.
22 > I have the same problem with KDE 3 (compiled from source) on YellowDog
23 > 2.1.
26 >> Maybe a bad libpng or something?
30 > I tried installing the latest libpng, and recompiling. That didn't fix
31 > the problem for me.
32 >
33 > -derek
36 > gentooppc-dev mailing list