From: Kjell Andersson <kjell_andersson@××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Support for IBM hardware ??
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:23:19
Hi !
I am the proud owner of a couple of RS6000 machines, 2pcs of 43P-150
and 1 pcs of 43P-133. I did read somewere that some of the people here was
working on getting gentoo on to this type of machines.
What happens and can i help ? I'm not much of a programmer but i can test
things out and report back ! The machines them selves are equiped with
890 Mb RAM a 2 disc RAID on 4.5Gb and a GXT 3000P graphics adapter
I have do have SUSE 7.1 running on one of them with an
Matrox mystiqe card instead of the 3000P card.
but the both of them are free for testing stuff out on !

Best regards Kjell Andersson
Sign-up for Ads Free at