From: Marc Ozon <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] successfully emerged masked ppc ebuilds
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:36:27
1 Hi,
2
3 Further to the request on the Gentoo forums (in the thread at
4 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=11654), I'm glad to report
5 several ebuilds that have worked fine for me with Gentoo on my iBook.
6
7 The working builds are:
8
9 media-fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera/ttf-bitstream-vera-1.10-r2.ebuild
10 net-misc/x11-ssh-askpass/x11-ssh-askpass-1.2.2-r1.ebuild
11 net-www/mozilla-firebird/mozilla-firebird-0.6-r6.ebuild
12 x11-misc/xtoolwait/xtoolwait-1.3.ebuild
13 x11-plugins/wmtz/wmtz-0.7.ebuild
14 x11-plugins/wmweather/wmweather-2.4.0.ebuild
15
16 The first three have ~ppc in the keywords, the last three don't have ppc
17 at all in the keywords. All six ebuilds have yielded programs that work
18 exactly as expected (and exactly as they do on another Gentoo
19 installation of mine, on an x86 machine).
20
21 If it matters, I installed from the 1.4_rc7 live CD a few weeks ago, on
22 a new 800 MHz iBook, now dual-booting with OS X 10.2.6. I'm using the
23 'benh' kernel sources, having had initial problems with sleep and with
24 getting mol to run with the plain 'ppc-sources'. And, I'm happy to
25 report that everything works -- pmud, X, airport card, sound (with
26 alsa), mol, etc. The only thing that needed any kind of workaround was
27 sound -- volume with alsa was extremely low, but I received a suggestion
28 in one of the forums to load and unload the dmasound_pmac module before
31 Many thanks for all the great work by the Gentoo developers!
32
33 Cheers,
34 Marc
37 Marc Ozon Toronto, Ontario, Canada