From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.3 infra request. respond or die
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:44:38
* Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o> [04/10/24 12:00 -0400]:
> I need directory listings of your release material so I > can get a handle on how much space I need to alert > my admins to.
First a short summary of what PPC is about to release. Pieter will reply to this email with the correct sizes. Stages: stage1-ppc 12MB stage2-g3 49MB stage2-g4 49MB stage2-g5 49MB stage2-ppc 49MB stage3-g3 94MB stage3-g4 94MB stage3-g5 94MB stage3-ppc 94MB portage-snap 12MB LiveCDs: Mini-Install-CD 100MB Regular-Install-CD with stage1, all four stage3 and distfiles 600MB Packages-CDs: Generic PPC 600MB Approximate release size: 2GB Furthermore for Bittorrent: G3-Packages-CD 600MB G4-Packages-CD 600MB G5-Packages-CD 600MB Official supported machines: - All NewWorld Apples (so everything from late 1999 on) beside the brandnew iMac G5 due to kernel issues - Genesi PegasosII Probably working machines: - iMac G5 - IBM RS/6000 - other PowerPC-based machines Future plans: Deluxe XLiveDVD with autostarting X, all stages, packages and distfiles, probably with build-environment, distcc, crossdev-utility and zeroconf. Probably something for the shop, experimental or Bittorrent. Regards, Lars PS: CCing ppc-dev for transparent communication ;) -- Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> Gentoo/Linux PowerPC Strategical Manager

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.3 infra request. respond or die Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>