From: "David Bélanger" <dbelan2@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] rdiff-backup and ~ppc
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:54:33

I requested some time ago that librsync and rdiff-backup-0.13.x
(considered development version by upstream) and I downgraded to
rdiff-backup-0.12.7 (considered stable by upstream) as I had some

This didn't fix the issue itself but I found that recompiling librsync
with -O2 (as opposed to -O3) fixed the problem.

So maybe you could add:
as well to ~ppc as it is as "stable" as the 0.13.x.

I noticed that some packages filter compilation flags away but I am
currently unware if this is optionnal from the developer or if it is up
to the user to be careful.  On ppc, the -O3 flag seem to be the suggested opt
level.  If it is usually done, librsync
would need to filter away -O3 on ppc (I'm using

David Bélanger
Graduate Student
School of Computer Science
McGill University