From: "David Bélanger" <dbelan2@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] rdiff-backup and ~ppc
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:54:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I requested some time ago that librsync and rdiff-backup-0.13.x
4 (considered development version by upstream) and I downgraded to
5 rdiff-backup-0.12.7 (considered stable by upstream) as I had some
6 issues.
7
8 This didn't fix the issue itself but I found that recompiling librsync
9 with -O2 (as opposed to -O3) fixed the problem.
10
11 So maybe you could add:
12 /usr/portage/net-misc/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-0.12.7.ebuild
13 as well to ~ppc as it is as "stable" as the 0.13.x.
14
15 I noticed that some packages filter compilation flags away but I am
16 currently unware if this is optionnal from the developer or if it is up
17 to the user to be careful. On ppc, the -O3 flag seem to be the suggested opt
18 level. If it is usually done, librsync
19 would need to filter away -O3 on ppc (I'm using
20 gcc-3.3.3_pre20040408-r1).
21
22 David
23