From: iago <iagofrombrad@×××.it>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] ppc-sources-2.4.20-ben9
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 10:35:33
1 hi all!
2 I have got a problem with some modules in this kernel version. I
3 recompiled the kernel with builtin support for the most impoortant, but
4 remains a problem with airport.
5 well, when i try to include the airport module i get an "unresolved
6 symbols" error within airport. the unresolved symbols are two:
7 pmu_register_sleep_notifier
8 pmu_unregister_sleep_notifier
9 .
10 this if I use a simple "depmod -ae". if I use "depmod -aeF
11 /boot/System.map-air" (that file includes the symbols of the kernel
12 last compiled) I get no errors.
13 well, when i do a "cat /proc/ksyms |grep pmu" I get out the two symbols
14 I listed above, plus a suffix "_R__ver_pmu_register_sleep_notifier" and
15 "_R__ver_pmu_unregister_sleep_notifier".
16 well, what-s the problem? the symbols are in the symbols table, but w/o
17 the related memory area where to find them? why the kernel behaves so?
18 sorry, i did not include any console output. it's due to keyboard and
19 mouse issues that I'll adjust soon. thanks in advance.
24 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list