From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] ghostscript
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:46:43
1 On Wednesday 31 July 2002 05:24, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2 > Have not experienced problems since, running KDE3, gnome2 on ppc very
3 > smoothly now :-) I'm experimenting with gcc3 now (needed for openoffice)
4 >
5 > Pieter
6
7 Hey Pieter
8
9 I hae also been playing with gcc 3.2_pre (3.1.x will not be binary comaptible
10 with 3.2). I think Gentoo as a whole has decided to skip over the 3.1.x
11 things and move to 3.2 for the next release.
12
13 There are some portage bugs right now that are preventing me building a stage1
14 tarball, but as soon as these are cleared up I hope to heave a gcc 3.2 test
15 stage1 for us to play with :)
16
17 Also, for openoffice we may end up needing these glibc patches (at the
18 reccomendation of the OO developers):
19
20 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=153107&repeatmerged=yes
21
22 Hope this helps.