From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] ghostscript
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:46:43
On Wednesday 31 July 2002 05:24, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
> Have not experienced problems since, running KDE3, gnome2 on ppc very > smoothly now :-) I'm experimenting with gcc3 now (needed for openoffice) > > Pieter
Hey Pieter I hae also been playing with gcc 3.2_pre (3.1.x will not be binary comaptible with 3.2). I think Gentoo as a whole has decided to skip over the 3.1.x things and move to 3.2 for the next release. There are some portage bugs right now that are preventing me building a stage1 tarball, but as soon as these are cleared up I hope to heave a gcc 3.2 test stage1 for us to play with :) Also, for openoffice we may end up needing these glibc patches (at the reccomendation of the OO developers): Hope this helps. Mark