From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] PS3 and crossdev
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:49:08
Jason wrote:
> Been beating my head against a wall for a day or so now. I'm trying to > get ppu/spu crosscompilers on my boxes so that I can use distcc on the > PS3... > > I pulled the toolchains overlay with layman, and I've tried 4 different > versions of gcc-4.3.0, all of which fail to emerge. I know some folks > have it running, which (exact) version did you use?
the problem is because crossdev can't mix and match overlays... you should delete completely sys-devel/binutils from the toolchain overlay and instruct crossdev to use the latest gcc (from toolchain) and the latest binutils (from standard portage). doing this will result in a working toolchain (at least it worked for me few days ago) lu -- Luca Barbato Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC -- gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] PS3 and crossdev Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>