From: Steven Lucy <slucy@××××××××.edu>
To: Jon Nall <nall@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] firewire
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:55:43
1 On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 11:15:25PM -0600, Jon Nall <nall@g.o> said
2 >
3 > does anyone have experiences with firewire in the gentoo PPC kernels?
4 > i'm trying to get some MP3s loaded on my new iPod, and all is well until
5 > i try and unmount the drive (it's a FAT32 iPod). the unmount command
6 > hangs and i'm unable to kill it or rmmod the sbp2 driver.
7 >
8 > just curious if anyone has had similar experiences.
9 >
10 > thanks.
11 > nall.
12
13 i'm using the gentoo-sources 2.4.19-r6 kernel with experimental r/o hfs+
14 support, and was able to mount/umount my ipod fine. of course it took
15 upwards of 5 minutes, but i attributed that to the hfs+ code.
16
17 hope that helps,
18 Steven
21 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list