From: Andrew Murray <uwmurray@××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentooppc-dev] Questions about iso's
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:58:05
Just some notes that might be of some help to the list:

I got the current version to work by doing the following.
1) Burn the Apr 18 iso
2) Burn another cd with the Apr 5th bz2 and Apr 18th iso
2a) Make a yellowdog 2.2 cd
2b) Create partitions in the yellowdog installer and reboot / eject
2b) boot from Apr 18th iso
3) Right after making partitions / formatting mkdir /mnt/gentoo/tmp
4) copy the apr 5th bz2 to /mnt/gentoo/tmp
5) untar the apr 18th bz2 from /mnt/gentoo
6) untar the apr 5th bz2 from /mnt/gentoo/tmp
7) cp /mnt/gentoo/tmp/usr/bin/rsync /mnt/gentoo/usr/bin/rsync
8) proceed as normal.

Using these steps I now have a G4 powerbook running gentoo, in less than
12 hours start to finish. Hope this helps.

Andrew Murray