From: Chris Lyttle <chris@×××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] Building Rhythmbox report
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:07:01
1 Rhythmbox is a GNOME2 app which is quite complicated to build. Here is
2 what I had to do to get things to work.
3
4 Most of the dependencies for this are GNOME2, so you need GNOME2
5 installed. The two other packages that dont come with GNOME2 are;
6
7 monkey-media-0.5.0
8 gst-plugins-0.4.0
9
10 monkey-media and gst-plugins both need gstreamer. I installed the
11 0.4.1-r1 version that is masked next.This builds fine on ppc.
12
13 monkey-media is also masked but builds fine on ppc. There is a mistake
14 in the ebuild file tho which lists the dependency for gstreamer as being
15 for version 0.3.4 when monkey-media requires gstreamer 0.4.0 (or
16 higher).
17
18 gst-plugins unfortunately has a few x86 specific dependencies. I got
19 thins to build by manually testing and checking out each of the
20 dependencies to see which had x86 code. The x86 dependencies I commented
21 out in the ebuild file were;
22
23 jpeg (mjpegtools, jpeg-mmx)
24 avifile
25
26 I also commented out the following as I didnt want alsa or kde;
27
28 alsa-lib
29 jack-audio-connection-kit
30 arts
31
32 I also installed the 0.4.1 version of gst-plugins. The following is the
33 list of working dependencies for this;
34
35 gstreamer-0.4.1
36 gconf-1.2.0
37 mad
38 flac
39 libdv-0.9.5
40 libvorbis
41 libogg
42 lame
43 cdparanoia
44 hermes
45 openquicktime
46 esound
47 gnome-vfs-2.0.1
48 libmikmod
49 libsdl
50 libpng-1.2.3
51 libdvdnav
52 ladspa-sdk
53
54 Last I installed rhythmbox. This is masked and builds and runs very
55 nicely on ppc.
56
57 Chris
58 --
59 RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
60 --------------------------------------------
61 |^|
63 | |^| | | Life out here is raw
64 | | |^| | But we will never stop