From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Playstation3 port status woes
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 01:26:47
1 Wes wrote:
2 > Thanks for the response! I see now. I think the problem from my
3 > perspective then is that the docs need to be updated a bit, as they
4 > all point to the 'experimental' sections of the mirrors, which only
5 > contain old 970-targeting ps3 stage4's. I see now that 'releases' has
6 > more generic stage3's suitable for rebuilding specifically for
7 > Cell/BE.
10 That may be the case, but as of right now, PS3 isn't specifically
11 supported, and probably won't be officially supported until we have a
12 reliable bootable disk. Once we do, I'd be happy to add the PS3
13 specific sections to the Gentoo/PowerPC handbook. As it stands, the
14 install procedure is basically the same as any other unsupported
15 architecture in Gentoo (make it boot, then use our stages), but with the
16 benefit of supported keywords and stages.
17
18 If there is Gentoo documentation that you think needs to be updated to
19 reflect this, please let me know and I'll get it fixed.
20 Thanks,
21 -Joe