From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
Cc: Ethan <lists@×××××××××.org>, gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] gcc atexit() issue
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:06:26
On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:34, Daniel Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 08:56, Ethan wrote: > > Sorry if this has been posted before. > > I've found that the gcc-2.95.3 used in the latest PPC build has the > > atexit() problem with static executables (for example, when you build > > fileutils-4.1 with LDFLAGS=-static all execuatbles dump a core). > > If I remember correctly, patches here are required: > > > > > > > > > > Is this a new issue that you've experienced after upgrading? Or has > this always been the case? > > Please give me more information on the specific problems you have and > have not experienced. For example, I'm assuming you're having problems > with gcc-2.95.3-r7? Did you have problems with any earlier revision of > our gcc ebuilds? >
This should have been an issue with all versions before -r7. If you dont have -r7, upgrade, and then remerge glibc. I have updated the Changelog, and the ebuild as well with the correct bugzilla #'s, and the Changelog now also contain the URL's to the patches. Our gcc was patched with the first version of the atexit() patch, which if I recall stopped working for glibc-2.2.4. -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa