From: Magnus Damm <damm@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] gcc-3.2.3-r2 and altivec
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:40:39
1 Hi there,
2
3 I recently added a gcc workaround to ffmpeg/libavcodec to cope
4 with the altivec problems found in gcc-3 prior gcc-3.3.
5 However, yesterday I upgraded my gcc to gcc-3.2.3-r2 and now I'm
6 unable to compile mplayer/libavcodec because my workaround fails.
7
8 Here's a pointer to my workaround:
9
10 http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/libavcodec/ppc/gcc_fixes.h
11
12 I had a look at the altivec.h-file that comes with gcc and I saw
13 the same workaround there now. This fix is gentoo-specific, right?
14
15 Maybe a more fine-grained test should be better.
16 Or maybe renaming the functions in gcc_fixes.h will work...
17 Any suggestions how I should cope with this issue?
18
19 / magnus
22 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list