From: Fuper <futurist@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] new .ISO / build
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:10:18
1 On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 13:00, Kain wrote:
2 > Due to a change in bootscripts I missed, you will probably NEED to tell
3 > BootX to tell the kernel to mount root (as in the ramdisk)
4 > read/write. You should be able to do this simply by adding a 'rw' to
5 > the kernel's commandline.
6 > --
7 > A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back
8 > to you when you have forgotten the words.
9
10 Wow, what a difference two letters (rw) make! I couldn't have guessed
11 that, probably because I've never put together one of these busybox
12 images myself.
13
14 Thanks Kain. I'll sing your "Gentoo Linux is Great" song to you
15 sometime if you ever forget it.
16
17 Now for a long walk in the Memphis spring...
18
19 I'll let you know later if the rest of the install works out right.