From: Mark Guertin <mguertin@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] qt-3.0.4-r1and ppc slowdowns
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 01:20:59
On Monday 20 May 2002 01:04, Kain wrote:
> > We can mask stuff out at the profile level in /etc/make.profile/packages.
Ahh, excellent, thanks. Still trying to wrap my head around it all. I think there are a few things that we should look at adjusting in there now that I look at things though. There are definately more apps that can be masked (which just plain don't run on ppc) like vmware-workstation stuffs, wine, etc. Have actually had a couple users in #gentoo-ppc ask why they couldn't get vmware working after they emerged it on their ppc's ;) If we look harder I imagine there are more apps that are x86 only as well. Mark