From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] PS3 and crossdev
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 17:19:00
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > Jason wrote:
3 >> Been beating my head against a wall for a day or so now. I'm trying to
4 >> get ppu/spu crosscompilers on my boxes so that I can use distcc on the
5 >> PS3...
6 >>
7 >> I pulled the toolchains overlay with layman, and I've tried 4 different
8 >> versions of gcc-4.3.0, all of which fail to emerge. I know some folks
9 >> have it running, which (exact) version did you use?
10 >
11 > the problem is because crossdev can't mix and match overlays...
12 >
13 > you should delete completely sys-devel/binutils from the toolchain overlay
14 >
15 > and instruct crossdev to use the latest gcc (from toolchain) and the
16 > latest binutils (from standard portage).
17
18 Okay, did that, but crossdev's building of binutils still fails with:
19
20 checking host system type... checking target system type... Invalid
21 configuration `ppu': machine `ppu' not recognized
22 configure: error: /bin/sh
23 /var/tmp/cross/ppu/portage/cross-ppu/binutils-2.17/wor
24 k/binutils-2.17/opcodes/../config.sub ppu failed
25 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
26
27 So, before I use crossdev, I think I need gcc-4.3.0. Currently, I'm using:
28
29 gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r3)
30
31 Which goes back to the original question. Which ebuild (from
32 toolchains) works for gcc-4.3.0 on amd64 or x86?
33
34 thx,
35
36 Jason.