From: Jacob Smullyan <smulloni@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] modprobe failing for all modules
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:48:31
1 I'm now unable to load any kernel modules on a Powerbook G4 with the
2 2.4.26-ppc-r1 kernel. I just moved my ppc-sources 2.4.21 .config into
3 the new kernel tree in the usual way, checked options, built and
4 installed kernels and modules, and now all modules fail as follows:
5
6 /lib/modules/2.4.26-ppc-r1/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_mod.o: couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for
7
8 This happens with all modules. I've rebuilt and it still happens.
9 Googling hasn't enlightened me, and I don't see a related bug in
10 gentoo bugzilla. Anyone know what might be going on, or have an idea
11 what I might check?
12
13 BTW: I *did* install the modules; these aren't modules from a previous
14 install. The /usr/src/linux symlink is correct. I've done a
15 modules-update. The permissions on /lib/modules seem normal.
16 modutils is at version 2.4.26. I do have loadable module support in
17 the kernel.
18
19 Rather than attaching my .config to this message, I've posted it here:
20
21 http://www.smullyan.org/ppc-config-2.4.26
22
23 If anyone has a clue for me, I'd be grateful!
24
25 Cheers,
26
27 js