From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] hfs volume gets mounted read-only
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 11:01:52

I have on my iMac an hfs partition, the purpose of which is the transfer
of data both ways between Linux and MacOS. That used to work, but, after
  reinstalling Linux, it no longer does.

That hfs partition has the option umask=0 in fstab, which gives it all
possible permissions. Nevertheless, when I try to copy a Linux file into
it, there is an error message "read-only file system".

There have also been instances of a message "unable to read super-block"
at boot time.

Now I have found here

a patch that purports to fix these bugs.

What I wonder is whether I can safely apply that patch (which is not
very recent) to my present kernel (2.6.12).

Thanks for any advice.