From: Mark Guertin <gerk@×××××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o, gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Some Unofficial Packages and stage 3 tarball
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:06:29
1 Hello All
2
3 I put up some unofficial pacakges and a stage 3 tarball at
4 http://gentoo-ppc.macdiscussion.com for anyone interested, I figured it might
5 help some of the users with older/slower machines who don't want to compile
6 forever, etc. I have used all of these packages in my own setup (including
7 the stage3) with no problems and thought they may also be of use to someone
8 else. They are all built on the latest 1.2 iso (ppc) release.
9
10 There are no guaratees they will work for you so use them at your own risk,
11 but they have worked very well for me on both some old world and new world
12 machines.
13
14 Also it is split up as there are standard PowerPC packages (and a stage3
15 tarball), as well as some G4 Optimized stuff. They are in no way complete
16 package lists, but mostly all the things I use. i will be setting up an
17 rsync setup to keep them up to date in the very near future if people start
18 to use this site in any amount.
19
20 There are a couple of small notes on the main page of the site you might want
21 to read (especailly if you plan to use the stage 3 tarball).
22
23 Good luck and happy installation everyone :)
24
25 Mark (Gerk)