From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] What new profile for an old Mac Mini as a MythTV backend server?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:01:52
1 On Wed, 20 May 2009, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I have an older ppc-based Mac Mini that I haven't updated in a
4 > while but would like to try using as a MythTV backend server for
5 > digital recording only.
6
7 Actually, do you think it has enough CPU power to do video recording and
8 transcoding? I have my doubts. I have the same Mac Mini. It would
9 however, make a great remote client to stream video from a MythTV backend
10 server.
15 A