From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo PPC User <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Using distcc for cross-compiling
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 06:04:11
I have Gentoo on 3 of my machines, so far. Two are Athlon machines, the other
is a PPC. The PPC box is only 120 MHz, so I want to use distcc.
   Has anyone set up distcc cross-platform under Gentoo? I already have a
cross-compiler manually set up on one of the Athlon Gentoo boxes. Is there
something I can change in my /etc/make.conf on the PPC box so that
'powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc' is run on the Athlon box instead of just 'gcc'?
   I've looked around in the forums. They're introducing support into portage to
build cross-platform toolchains, but there was really no mention on how to use
them with distcc.
   I've gotten through the bootstrap and 'emerge system' in a day and a half on
the PPC box, but I'm scared to think how long it will take to compile X without

Andrew Gaffney