From: Neben Kabon <nebenkabon@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo 1-4.rc7 LiveCD on a 350Mhz iMac - X trouble
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:32:31
1 I have tried the Gentoo 1-4.rc7 LiveCD on my 600MHz ibook and my 300MHz
2 G3 Yosemite. It boots O.K. to command line but when I try to bring up X
3 after running Xeasyconf, I get a garbled screen. With what looks like a
4 (rudimentary widow manager?) but is scrambled on a diagonal. I have
5 tried 8 bit and 16 bit. When I try running...
6
7 X -xf86config /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
8
9 I get a black screen with an "X" cursor but nothing else.
10
11 Any suggestions?
12
13 Tony K.