From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:26:30
1 Good morning Matt,
4 On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:06 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com> wrote:
5 <SNIP>
6 >
7 > boot with these 3 combinations: ofonly, radeonfb, {none} then for each,
8 > cat /proc/fb and cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name. if the screen is un
9 > readable, then ssh in and find out.
12 Booted apple video=ofonly Screen looks good.
13
14 livecd ~ # cat /proc/fb
15 0 OFfb ATY,RockHo
16 livecd ~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name
17 OFfb ATY,RockHo
18 livecd ~ #
21 Booted apple video=radeonfb Screen looks bad
22
23 livecd ~ # cat /proc/fb
24 0 ATI Radeon Yb
25 1 VGA16 VGA
26 livecd ~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name
27 ATI Radeon Yb
28 livecd ~ #
31 Booted apple video=radeonfb Screen looks bad
32
33 livecd ~ # cat /proc/fb
34 0 ATI Radeon Yb
35 1 VGA16 VGA
36 livecd ~ # cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/name
37 ATI Radeon Yb
38 livecd ~ #
41 So even though the chip is a Radeon it doesn't seem to be a good frame
42 buffer choice.
43
44 livecd ~ # lspci | grep VGA
45 0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280
46 [Radeon 9200] (rev 01)
47 livecd ~ #
48
49 I noticed the list of video options when I boot are:
50
51 ofonly, radeonfb, rivafb, atyfb, aty128fb, tdfxfb
52
53 so I tried all of them. The only one that works nicely is 'ofonly'.
54
55 Hopefully the info above will be enough to give me some pointers.
56
57 Thanks,
58 Mark
59 --