From: Olivier Reisch <gentoo@××××××××.net>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Weird Keyboard problem on a powerbook after install
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:54:53
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On Sunday 28 April 2002 22:42, Nicky Peeters wrote:
5 > Hello ,
6 >
7 > I just installed gentoopcc on my Pismo Powerbook , and the install went
8 > very smooth.
9 > After I compiled my kernel and made some last configurations I rebooted
10 > and my fresh gentoo booted just fine.
11 >
12 > But when I got my login prompt I noticed that my whole keyboard was
13 > mangled. Not in a qwerty vs. azerty way though. For example 8 is now
14 > return , and space = n etc...
15 > And since I was stupid enough not to emerge openssh before rebooting,
16 > I'm stuck with a perfectly installed distro , but no way of fixing whats
17 > wrong.
18 > I hope its an ADB driver problem because then I can plug-in a USB
19 > keyboard and hope that will work.
20 >
21 > I've searched the web and mailinglists , but cannot find any info about
22 > the problem.
23 > Does anyone have a clue about what went wrong ?
24 >
25 > Thanx in advance,
26 >
27 > Nicky Peeters
28 > Belgium
31 > gentooppc-user mailing list
32 > gentooppc-user@g.o
35 Hello,
36
37 When in yaboot, try this:
38
39 type the label of the kernel to boot (eg. linux), followed by a space and the
40 argument "keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1".
41
42 Example, you type: linux2418xfs keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1
43
44 Greets,
45 Olivier
46
47 - --
49 Olivier Reisch doctomoe@××××××.org
50 TuxPPC Site Director
51 http://www.tuxppc.org
52 The number one user resource for Linux on PPC.
53
54 For safe mail, get my PGP Key:
55 http://perso.wanadoo.fr/olivier.reisch/oreisch_public_key.gpg