From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:45:24
1 Michael Hanselmann a écrit :
2 >
3 > You should set CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI, see drivers/ide/ide-dma.c.
4 >
5 Thanks. I did that and the kernel compiled without trouble, but, at
6 boot, I still get the error "cannot open root device". However, there is
7 a difference: whereas the message said "unknown-block(0,0)", it now
8 says "unknown-block(3,15)". So it would seem that the device numbers
9 have changed.
10
11 The result is the same, whether config BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC_ATA100FIRST is
12 on or not.
13
14 I take the liberty to attach a copy of my .config and yaboot.conf files
15 for your inspection.
16
17 Charles

config-2.6.12-gentoo-r6 text/plain