From: John Crittall <jcrittall@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] ppc install / bootloader problem.
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 16:03:20
1 Dear list,
2 Would like to enlist some assistance with an install on an IBM 9112-265
3 Intellistation.
4 Have followed the liveCD install without many problems.
5 Have gotten to the yaboot configuration and attempted to configure and
6 have dd'd the kernel file rev 32r7 to the sda1 1meg partition.
7 Upon reboot the system fails to find the kernel file and boot.
8
9 When I have rebooted on the liveCD again and recieved the prompt to work
10 with i have attempted to try and mount the sda3 root partition from the
11 original install. I presume because there is only the LiveCD /etc/fstab
12 with tempfs entries in it i cannot mount my real root partition and the
13 system knows nothing of the original parttitioned disk from the install.
14
15 Could someone direct me on what action to take to mount the original
16 partitions such that i can edit the yaboot config file and achieve a
17 successful boot from scsi disk.
18 or
19 can someone please instruct on how to set up yaboot config correctly such
20 that i can reinstall the lot and get the bootloader correct.
21
22 Thanks in advance.
23
24 JCrittall