From: electric-light-heads <imuzik@××××××××××××.jp>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] emerging the system get's aborted was Re:vi
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 06:20:20
hi
thanx 4 answering the Qs on vi..
am looking forward to emerge vim @ gentoo
BUT BEFORE THAT
am struggling at the installing (gentoo from debian) process..
did a further resaerch via the web
and..

extracted the stage1 @ the mounted /mnt/gentoo
did the
mount -o bind /proc /mnt/gentoo/proc
thang
cp /etc/resolv.conf /mnt/gentoo/etc
cp /etc/hosts /mnt/gentoo/etc
was done
edited fstab & make.conf

chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
emerge sync
env-update
emerge rsync
source /etc/profile
ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Japan /etc/localtime
went ok

emerge -fetchonly for
baselayout,gcc,glibe,binutils,gettext and system
also had no problem

BUT

emerge system

made me wait for a long time and resulted into

!!emerge aborting on /usr/portage/sys-libs/db/db-3.2.3h-r4.ebuild

(don't know how to copy the log yet...excuse me)

mmmmmmm...

am trying thing @ iBook-Tangerine
and the partition 4 gentoo's root is only 500M
will it be impossible anyway?

thanx in advance...

PS

anyway is there also the original vi @ gentoo's tree?
if vim requires X then i would stick to vi..
does it?
wanna be a Sound oriented Gentoo user but controling thangs
only from the promt-mode..

BUYO-BUYO-IGOR--------------------------------- http://buyobuyo.isgenius.com