From: "Flisk ." <f.flisk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Hwclock error
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:12:24
1 Hi folks,
2 Here where I work we received a G4 computer and I started to install a
3 Gentoo 2006.0. The computer is a G4 2 CPU's 512MB of memory 2 HD, I started
4 to install Gentoo 2006.0 from stage 1 and everything gone well. I installed
5 with cpu flag as G4 and O2.
6 But when the computer restarted a problem appeared with hwclock, when I
7 execute the hwclock an error appear. The error is something like: "select()
8 to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out" and the date in Linux stay
9 1970, the bios time is correctly because when I boot the Gento CD the
10 hwclock work perfectly. I already recompiled the kernel with many options
11 but nothing solve the problem.
12 I believe that the problem is with some kernel option that I forgot or
13 some patch, because in the Gentoo CD the hwclock works perfectly. What
14 kernel option or patch can be solve the problem? Hints?
15 Best regards.
16
18 Fernando Simon
19 Brazil