From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] yaboot has kicked my butt - 5 times?!
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 19:09:18
1 On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Klaus Müller <mk.2001@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Am 23.09.10 00:59, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>[snip]
4 >>Can anyone see what I've done wrong?
5 >
6 > Most likely nothing at all.
7 >
8 > Your hd may be faulty.
9 > I had a problem with such a hd some time ago
10 > (not on PPC, and a really old hd btw).
11 >
12 > No error was found by any hd-check.
13 >
14 > [X]Ubuntu and Puppy installed, booted and worked fine,
15 > Gentoo installed fine but refused to boot.
16 >
17 > After replacing the hd, Gentoo installed, booted and works.
21 Well, that's sort of scary but exactly describes my predicament!
22
23 Thanks,
24 Mark