From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] new world is a type of hardware or software?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 06:44:09
1 Alden Huang wrote:
2 > Hardware.
3 >
4 > So I believe that if you are using an iBook G3, you should always
5 > configure as a "New World." I am assuming its not a clamshell looking
6 > thing. Installing OS9 wouldn't change this.
7 >
8 > You might want to set up the partitions using mac-fdisk, as I think
9 > the OSX disk utility costs you some extra blocks. Just put the
10 > separate partitions for OS9 and OSX anywhere after the tiny bootstrap
11 > partition, and configure yaboot accordingly.
12 >
13 > At least I think this is correct, someone please correct me if I am
14 > wrong. Best of luck!
15 Hi thanks a lot for the information. So in fact Mac OS 9 must support
16 "New World" otherwise it wouldn't be able to install at all. The
17 salesman who sold me this notebook 4 years ago said it can run mac OS 9,
18 so it should support New World. I have the discos with me so I'll try a
19 bit later.
20
21 Thanks.