From: IsoH <jd@××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] XServeG5 boot failed/solved?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:40:28
1 On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, IsoH wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Christoph Wegener wrote:
6 > > try creating partitions with gnu parted. i dont know if it helps. just
7 > > an idea.
10 > Actually mac-fdisk was broken; I emerged (emerge system) my Pmac-G5
11 > few days ago and I didn't noticed until now that mac-fdisk didn't
12 > work. So I emerged mac-fdisk again, verified that it works now and
13 > then I copied this "new" mac-fdisk to XserveG5.
16 Now XserveG5 boots, but there is/was still some issues:
17
18 - modutils/module-init-tools were broken after initial
19 "emerge system";
20 re-emerge "module-init-tools" solved this.
21
22 - vim is segfaulting with ":quit"
23
24 - temperature control(system) doesn't work (not the news though...)
35 IsoH
40 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list