From: Jacob Smullyan <smulloni@××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Folken <folken@××××××××××.ch>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] 12" Clock that doesn't tick right.
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:05:21
1 On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:44:02PM +0200, Folken wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a 12" powerbook with gentoo running 2.4.21 from the ppc-sources.
5 > While most things run fine, I am having difficulties with a very
6 > undiscplined clock. It runs fast and sometimes slow... I am not dual
7 > booting with OSX so that shouldn't be an issue either. I have also
8 > removed NTPD from the startup scripts.
9 >
10 > In the kernel the /dev/nvram and advanced rtc are disabled.
11 >
12 > after removing /etc/adjtime and setting the clock up with utc and the
13 > /etc/localtime as well to utc, i still get major drift:
14 >
15 > cat /etc/adjtime
16 > -86399.772241 1065167583 0.000000
17 > 1065167583
18 > UTC
19 >
20 > The time seems to vary from boot up to boot up. Also I am unsure wheter
21 > the cpu frequency which, readjusts itself when i plug the device, might
22 > affect the clock speed.
23 >
24 > Does anybody have anything I could try, or maybe even got it working?
27 Just to confirm that you aren't alone, the clock on my 12" powerbook
28 runs extremely fast. I also wondered whether it had anything to do
29 with /proc/cpufreq.
30
31 Jacob Smullyan