From: nova@×××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Boot trouble
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:17:22
I have installed Gentoo linux on an slotloading iMac and it works OK. The
one problem is the kernel. I have tried numerous recompiles, and it gives
this error:
mounting /dev for udev... [oops]
mount failed with error:
wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on udev, or too many mounted
since this is a critical task, startup cannot continue
give root password for matienance or Control-D to continue:
I used to be able to type Control-D to reboot or password to enter system,
but not even that works anymore. I now reboot to CD and chroot into my
system to use it.
Any ideas?