From: Jason Hollinden <Jason_Hollinden@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Support for IBM iSeries i870 AS/400
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:38:16
Hello, just joined this list so I hope I'm not asking someting redundant.

Has anyone tried installing Gentoo-ppc on an iSeries AS/400 (new line based on PowerPC).  We received a new one not too long ago (serial #001 at that ;) ), and I'm in charge of getting together a linux distribution for it.  The way IBM describes it linux-ppc apps should directly work on it "without recompiling", and currently the only pre-built distros for it are RedHat, SUSE, and TurboLinux.  All of these come with a ~$5000 pricetag, and there don't seem to be downloadable ISOs, so something like Gentoo would be nice.

I'm not sure how much "playing around" room I have, as this is property of the company I work for, so I don't know what they are willing to "risk".  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

This message is intended only for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s) named herein and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED
and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please destroy all copies of this message and
its attachments and notify us immediately.
--
Jason Hollinden
work 812-468-1878

"Non illegitimati carborundum" -- Marcus Aurelius