From: Andrew Murray <uwmurray@××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Re:vi
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 03:17:58
1 vim is an (enhanced) clone of vi.
2 Emerge does not mean 'just change the name of the application,' rather
3 install the application.
4 On Wednesday, May 15, 2002, at 09:23 PM, electric-light-heads wrote:
5
6 > excuse me that my thanx came out after this long delay..
7 > but
8 > you mean that vim works just like vi?...is it a clone?
9 > what about nano...will it be another hard work to master pico oriented
10 > commands?
11 >
12 > maybe am simply too much japanese enough
13 > not to understand what "emerge" means..
14 > is it "just change the name of the application" ?
15 >
16 > and vim is already there after the default installation?
19 >> Yup.. I use vi everyday.. you have to use nano (pico clone) to setup
20 >> but the first thing I did after installation was 'emerge vim' and 'ls
21 >> -s /bin/vim /bin/vi' and now I'm happy with my superior text editor..
22 >
24 > http://buyobuyo.isgenius.com
27 > gentooppc-user mailing list
28 > gentooppc-user@g.o