From: "Flisk ." <f.flisk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Hwclock error
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:08:17
1 Hi Joseph,
2 I did this change but didin't solve the problem. The same error.
3 Best regards.
4
5 Fernando Simon
8 On 3/26/06, Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o> wrote:
9 >
10 > Flisk . wrote:
11 > > Hi folks,
12 > > Here where I work we received a G4 computer and I started to install
13 > > a Gentoo 2006.0. The computer is a G4 2 CPU's 512MB of memory 2 HD, I
14 > > started to install Gentoo 2006.0 from stage 1 and everything gone well.
15 > > I installed with cpu flag as G4 and O2.
16 > > But when the computer restarted a problem appeared with hwclock,
17 > > when I execute the hwclock an error appear. The error is something like:
18 > > "select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out" and the date in
19 > > Linux stay 1970, the bios time is correctly because when I boot the
20 > > Gento CD the hwclock work perfectly. I already recompiled the kernel
21 > > with many options but nothing solve the problem.
22 > > I believe that the problem is with some kernel option that I forgot
23 > > or some patch, because in the Gentoo CD the hwclock works perfectly.
24 > > What kernel option or patch can be solve the problem? Hints?
25 > > Best regards.
26 > >
27 > > ------------------------
28 > > Fernando Simon
29 > > Brazil
31 >
32 > Make sure that you have enabled the RTC Emulation options in your kernel
33 > as described in this forum post:
34 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-374360-highlight-hwclock.html
35 >
36 > -Joe